Wednesday 6 October 2010

Life or something like it...

So 2 and a half months ago, my life changed drastically as my husband and I separated and he moved out. In that time I have been reclaiming my life one step at a time, remembering who I am and what I like. I have tried to make more friends and spend time with them, I have tried to pursue the things I enjoy doing most and I have tried to get out and do more of the things I love to do. In the last few months I have been to Nottingham for the day, Alton Towers, London, see my crush in Lincoln Theatre Royal, the Muggle Meet weekend and lots more. I am happy. Not just happy today, or for a few days, but consistently happy with only occasional down moments - and that's all they are, just moments amoungst the general happiness. I am the happiest I have been in the longest of time and most importantly I'm just happy being me.

Don't get me wrong, I had happy times over the last 7 years of my relationship, of course there were many many many good times. Things weren't always bad, sometimes they were the best they ever could be. But overall, the relationship was rocky and I was often to be found walking on eggshells. Anyone who knows me will tell you that I'm not the type of girl to walk on eggshells, I often stumble and fall, or stomp with big heavy boots. But that is not to say that I don't miss things and that is not to say that I don't catch myself thinking I wish I still had that, or could do that.

I look at my future and I don't see anyone else in it. That's not me thinking I won't ever find anyone else, its me feeling like really I don't need anyone else. My life is my own at the moment (other than the kids of course) and I'm enjoying it being that way. For the most part I would be happy if things never changed. I still have other aspects of my life that I want to concentrate on, like losing some weight, keeping the house a bit tidier, being better with money etc. but all these things can come. Staying positive and staying happy is really the best thing I can do right now and so that's what I'm doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment